Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Social Work Periodicals
Peer-reviewed, scholarly social work journal to address the concerns of social workers and their clients from a feminist point of view, offering a unique mix of research reports, new theory and creative approaches to the challenges confronting women.
Child and adolescent social work journal
Original articles for clinical social workers. Includes theory, research, and, social policy issues.
Child & family social work
Concerned with research, theory, policy and practice in the field of social work with children and their families.
Children and youth services review
Interdisciplinary forum for critical scholarship regarding service programs for children and youth. The journal will publish full-length articles, current research and policy notes, and book reviews.
Articles on any aspect of administration, supervision, casework, group work, community organization, teaching, research or interpretation that extends knowledge in any child-family welfare or related service.
Community mental health journal
Original articles, brief reports, community psychiatric practice and book and film reviews on community mental health theory, practice and research for professionals in the field.
Health and social work
Articles dealing with all aspects of health of professional concern to social workers, improving social work practice and extending knowledge in the field of health.
Social work with groups
Original articles and book reviews for clinicians about the use of the group as a learning medium.
SEARCH WITHIN this journal or publication is a feature that is similar in many databases.
- Perform a basic search by adding your term to the journal title
- Perform an advanced search by adding terms in multiple search boxes
- Choose where to search for your terms... author, subject, text, etc.
- Journals : scholarly, academic, peer-reviewed
- Popular magazines and newspapers
- Trade or professional interest
- Some publishers restrict full text publication for 12 months
- If not full text try FIND IT or REQUEST AN ARTICLE
- As you do research keep track of bibliographic information
- One source of online help is Son of Citation
- DOI (Digital Object Identifiers) are available for articles from online journals. This keeps the url of the article fixed. The DOI will continue to direct the user to the article when it is moved. A DOI lookup form is available.