Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Consult the index of the book for exact pages on the topic.
Reference works are shelved separately from circulating items.
- References are for use in the library.
- Encyclopedias may be used for general or background information; some are subject specific for proper language and terms.
- Other types of references: almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, directories, handbooks
- Check indexes for volume and page numbers for specific topics.
- Note if there are suggested references at end of article or entry for further study.