Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
American Educational Research Journal
Publishes original empirical and theoretical studies and analyses in education that constitute significant contributions to the understanding and/or improvement of educational processes and outcomes.
Early Childhood Education Journal
Publishes articles on curriculum, child care programs, administration, staff development, family-school relationships, equity issues, multicultural units, health nutrition, facilities, special needs, employer-sponsored care, and infant/toddler programs.
Original investigations and theoretical papers dealing with worthwhile innovations in learning, teaching and education at all levels and in every area of education and learning.
A peer-reviewed journal by the International Reading Association for those involved with literacy education up to age 12. Takes active stance on issues of education today.
Publishes reports of investigations and creative theoretical papers dealing with every aspect of reading improvement, and at all levels of instruction.
Devoted to the teaching of history in the secondary & higher education classroom.
The Social Studies
Articles for educators at all levels dealing with social studies, the social sciences, history and interdisciplinary studies.
The Journal of Economic Education
Coverage of original articles on teaching economics, including innovations in teaching techniques, materials, and programs. For instructors of introductory through graduate level economics.
Science and Technology
American Biology Teacher
Articles, research, how-to-do-it and book reviews aimed at teachers of biology at every level.
The Science Teacher
Features articles, interviews, mentoring, recent news notes, book reviews, and National Science Teachers Association news.
Refereed professional articles, selected association activities and reports and invited articles of ideas relating to technology education.
Articles, special reports and thematic issues on all aspects of art education published by the National Art Education Association.
Arts and Activities
Articles for classroom art teachers on subjects dealing with art education theory and practice at the elementary and secondary levels, as well as teacher education and uses of community resources.
School Arts: the Art Education Magazine for Teachers
Each issue has a theme. Short focused articles present curriculum ideas.
Studies in Art Education
Empirical, historical and philosophical research with implications for art education or that explore theoretical and practical aspects of art criticism, artistic growth, curriculum and learning, program evaluation, and other dimensions of visual arts.
SEARCH WITHIN this journal or publication is a feature that is similar in many databases.
- Perform a basic search by adding your term to the journal title
- Perform an advanced search by adding terms in multiple search boxes
- Choose where to search for your terms... author, subject, text, etc.
- Journals : scholarly, academic, peer-reviewed
- Popular magazines and newspapers
- Trade or professional interest
- Some publishers restrict full text publication for 12 months
- If not full text try FIND IT or REQUEST AN ARTICLE
- As you do research keep track of bibliographic information
- One source of online help is Son of Citation
- DOI (Digital Object Identifiers) are available for articles from online journals. This keeps the url of the article fixed. The DOI will continue to direct the user to the article when it is moved. A DOI lookup form is available.