For Microsoft Word 2016 (Other versions of Word may look slightly different)
1. On the Home tab in Microsoft Word, click the button to open the Font setup screen.
2. On the Font setup screen, select Times New Roman, 12 pt.
3. Click Set as Default, and then select to make this the default setting for all documents.
4. Click OK.
This process will show you how to format your paragraph settings and default those settings:
1. Click the Home tab; click the button to open the Paragraph set-up screen.
2. Under Spacing, type a zero in the After box.
3. Select Double from the Line Spacing drop-down menu; check Don't add space box.
4. Click Default, and then select to make this the default setting for all documents.
1. When all sources are listed, highlight all of the references, and click the button to open the Paragraph set-up menu
2. Select Hanging from the Special drop-down menu, and click OK to add a hanging indent to your references.
This process will allow you to have one page header on your title page and another on the other pages of your document.
1. Click the Page Layout tab, and then click the Page Setup button.
2.On the Page Setup screen, click the Layout tab.
3. Check the box next to Different first page and click OK.
4. Click the Insert tab; click Header, and select Blank from the menu.
5. Click the Home tab; in the Font section, click the drop-down box and change the font to Times New Roman, 12 pt.
6. In the header, type Running head: followed by a short title in ALL CAPS.
7. Hit the tab key twice.
8. Click the Insert tab; click Page Number, then click Current Position, and select Plain Number from the menu.
9. Close the header.
10. Click the Insert tab; click Page Break.
11. Scroll down to the second page of your document. In the header, enter the short title from the title page, in ALL CAPS, without the words Running head.
12. Repeat steps 7, 8 & 9.
13. Then click to Apply this setting to all new documents.
14. Click OK.