Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Compose using Times New Roman, 12 pt
- One inch margins, all around
- DOUBLE SPACE entire paper
- No title page. Use a heading on left that is double spaced with name, instructor's name, course, and date.
- Title appears centered on line above text
- Right header: Your last name page number. Fullhart 1
What requires a citation?
- Borrowed words (direct quotes)
- Borrowed works (ex: photos, charts, diagrams, computer graphics, audio/video clips)
- Ideas or parallel sentence structure
Abbreviations and other asssitance: MLA
Standard MLA Abbreviations
- n.d. no date
- n.p. no publisher
- Dates: Date Month Year. ex: 19 FEB. 2013
- Abbreviate all months except May, June, July.
- Numbers: spell numbers of one or two words. ex: three million
- Use numerals for numbers taking more words or with units. ex: 3.56 9 volts
Refer to Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL) for MLA